Mask 4 Mask (mask making & character creation) with Mandy Sweats
This Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 11am - 1pm, inside the @theledwardcentre gallery
Mandy Sweats, a cheap and trashy abomination and club terroriser, will be facilitating a mask-making and character design workshop with their assistant, Alfie Sheppard. Sheppard.
Mandy is notable for cat-walking in their monstrous across the clubs and alleyways of Brighton. They will walk you towards unlocking your inner demons and actualise a character in the form of a mask made from trash to take home on a private playdate.
There is no expectation of creating a finished work or performing, but there will be an opportunity to play.
· An intro from the artist taking you through their work, practice and creations
· Group exercises to explore the process of creating a character
· A walk through the process of making a mask out of junk modelling
· The goal is to facilitate a space to have fun and let loose
· Participants will have an opportunity to make, present and perform (performing is completely optional)
Book your ticket now!!